Seem to be stuck on water this week. This is an HDR image I figure I give it another go. Still busy so enjoy.
I know I promised a non-HDR image but I figured I give it one more try. Another 2 hours of my life invested into this image. I am rather happy how this one came out. It doesn’t look overly HDR. I went in with the thought, its my image and my world. I’ll make it look like how I want. So I a rejected reality and substituted my own.
This represents a lot of tools, lots of brushes, lots of time tweaking. If I was to give it a percentage of how well I like it, I’ll give it a 95%. I even used a cross-processing filter for the first time in my life. It gave it the final finish I was wanting.
Hope you enjoy.
I am starting to get the workflow down with the editing process. Still muddling through all the tools as I learn the more how HDR works and what various sliders do. This pagoda represents about an hour of editing and there are flaws in it that I just can’t fix because they are a byproduct of the HDR conversion. Still, I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.
This was a good two hours of editing. I’m 90% there with liking the final image but I went through like 5 iterations before getting input from a friend who selected the final image you see. Working in HDR has been a steep learning curve. From shooting to post-processing the images. This image was done in Nik HDR which I found easier to use than Photomatix. Then I ran in through MacPhun Intensify. Finally I did some brushing and gradients in Lightroom and final edits in Photoshop.
Still playing with HDR but I took some flower pictures today while I was out. Used the 40-150 2.8 (80-300 eq) to take the shots instead of using a macro lens. I also used a tripod for all the shots. The HDR effect really isn’t there, I mainly used it to combine the images and remove the ghosting. The wind was gusty and Photomatix’s algorithm for removing ghosts is far better than Photoshops.
I have driven past this sign almost everyday for several years. I have shot it before but at night. This time the Sun was setting and it was time to capture it.
This is 6 images composited into a HDR image. I’m getting more familiar with the software and tools but still not 100%. There was lots of tweaking going on with this image to get it to where I wanted it and felt that it could be shared out. It was all about the details and lush colors in the sign along with the setting sun causing the sky to contrast for most of the image.
Until I get the workflow down for these images it will be one image a day for a bit since it takes me much longer to edit. Thanks for bearing with me and enjoy.
For the first time in a long time I have tried something new with photography. Not that its new to me or a new concept, I have done it before but its not something I do often and it was to shoot with bracketing turned on. I also used a tripod which is something I have invested in but rarely use. So with that in mind I set out and did some shooting.
I’ll be honest and say that these are HDR images. Each edited a different way. I have never done a HDR image before so its a bit of a learning curve for me and I have processed these two at least 5 different times as I struggled with the work flow. Hopefully by the time I am finished editing everything I’ll have something of a cohesive editing process with the new tools.
So bear with me through this learning process and hopefully enjoy.