Been awhile since I did any flowers so I figure I would do some using the new editing process along with my tried and true flower process. These shots were taken on on various days and places which is why the light shifts so much. Still, I am very pleased with how well these turned out as I can now control the color when I add a tone curve much better and I have a more consistent and lifelike result.
Still playing with HDR but I took some flower pictures today while I was out. Used the 40-150 2.8 (80-300 eq) to take the shots instead of using a macro lens. I also used a tripod for all the shots. The HDR effect really isn’t there, I mainly used it to combine the images and remove the ghosting. The wind was gusty and Photomatix’s algorithm for removing ghosts is far better than Photoshops.
Still going through all the flower images. Good thing I shot as much as I did because the weather has turned horrible here and shooting time is going to be limited. Slightly bummed as I have a new toy to play with. If its freezing or above in the next few days I may sneak out and play with it. Just based on my own experience running a quick errand, exposed skin does not do well in this weather.
For inquiring minds, theses were all shot on the Sony RX100M3. I tend to carry it with my when I know I want additional versatility without the need to toss a lot of lenses in my bag. Saves my back and I still have a camera to get shots that I would otherwise have difficulty getting without additional lenses.